Kristine discusses 5 things that changed her life:
- Being asked to lead mastermind “Power Groups” for The Actor’s Network.
- 5th grade: deciding that everyone could go eff themselves, cause, if she had to, she would be her own best friend
- 8th grade: purposefully throwing her class (and their grades) under a bus by refusing to do an assignment in history class
- 9th grade: becoming a professional actor by missing the 9th grade trip to Yosemite.
- 11th grade: failing trigonometry and discovering that the world didn’t end. (And some good things actually came out of that.)
Kristine Oller is an award-winning Change Strategist and author of the book, Feeding Your Focus. Leading by example, she is dedicated to empowering others to bet on themselves – and to help them win that bet. Her clients include Oscar nominees, professional athletes, business owners, executives, published authors, performers (including 5 Things host, Loren Kling), voice over artists (and a wide variety of up-and-comers), ranging in age from their 20’s to 70’s.
You can find her over at her website KristineOller.com
where you can sign up for her free weekly ninety second Golden Nugget
And, if you are a performer, definitely check out her other website TheActorsLibrary.com
where she’s collected ALL of her very best career guidance and resources for you to access – for free.
Dimithri discusses 5 things that changed his life:
- Putting your heart and soul into a scripted web series that’s fully written, produced, and shot but now sits on a shelf, only partially completed.
- When you’re no longer wearing blue body paint and holding a lamp nobody knows who the heck you are.
- Getting glasses at age 6 made him cool until he moved to a new school. Then, he was just a geek.
- Beast Boy and Raven. Nick Fury and Black Widow. Matching ugly Christmas sweaters. It’s been 4 years and still going strong.
- Starting an improv troupe is starting a business. Where’s the fun in that?
Dimithri is a lifelong performer and writer and all-around geek.
He is the founder of Laugh Chance, an improv team from Fullerton CA that performs twice a month at STAGEStheatre in Fullerton, California. Get tickets and more info at Laugh Chance. You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Dimithri is your source for geek news and commentary at facebook.com/thekeeg.
Follow Dimithri on Facebook and twitter.
Tiwana discusses 5 things that changed her life:
- Joining The Agape International Choir… Where Tiwana found her voice and challenged herself to use it powerfully.
- Getting fired from a job she no longer enjoyed.
- Recognizing how people view her.
- Second City… Learning how to improvise taught her a higher standard of listening and to respond truthfully.
- Being taught to rely on herself and she’d never be disappointed.
Tiwana is a Los Angeles based commercial and television actor, a graduate of The Second City Hollywood, and soon-to-be graduate of the Second City Directing Program. Tiwana makes her directorial debut with four shows in November of 2016.
Tiwana is also the owner of YourVisualAide.com a design firm focused on print media for actors and entertainers.
You can subscribe to her blog ActingLessonsLearned.com, follow her on Twitter at @TiwanaFloyd and on Instagram at Quirkyful. Visit her website TiwanaFloyd.com.
Devin discusses 5 things that changed his life:
- Getting laid off led to starting his own ‘funny business’
- Blaming his grandparents for this life-long obsession
- How Abbot and Costello led to another life-long obsession
- He had never tried this until he met his wife
- Going back to school
- (BONUS topic) What a co-worker did at an open mic that changed Devin’s life forever
About Devin: He’s the artistic director of ImprovCity, an award-winning improv troupe based in Irvine, California.Visit improvcityonline.com for show tickets and more information.
He recently released the book, “Improvisers Drawing Stick Figures”, which is a collection of improvised doodles by improv performers across the United States, is now available on amazon.
Mary discusses 5 things that changed her life:
- Learning to say “Yes, And”. Where Mary, Alan and Loren all met
- Losing a national championship and realizing that she wasn’t the best at something and no one likes a know-it-all
- How NOT moving to another country was a positive change in her life.
- There’s something about Mary…. What exactly happened in a car while listening to Def Leopard’s Hysteria?
- It was the first year she moved to Los Angeles and a major event led her to starting her own company and meeting a number of important friends in the development of her career.
About Mary: Mary is a writer, artist, improv and sketch performer, violinist, and professional selfie photographer. Additional interests include: road trips, punctuation, Star Trek, superheroes, cartoons, Star Trek, noodles, and other epicurean pursuits.
Follow Mary on Twitter at https://twitter.com/maryforrest and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/marylikeafox/.