Download episode >
For season 2, episode 2 of the “5 Things That Changed Your Life” podcast, I sat down with HEIDI ROSE ROBBINS where she discusses:
- Declaring “I’m a poet with a map of the heavens in my pocket” – Reclaiming and naming myself an artist/poet and not just/ only an astrologer/teacher.
- An audition at Age 11 in Fargo North Dakota – facing fear, discovering true devotion and passion, my first experience of artistic community.
- Meeting Sofia Diaz – my teacher even today – blasted me open- embodiment of fierce love
- A very scary plane trip off the coast of Australia- my warrior friend and I face the possibility of a crash
- Discovering personal retreats – as a mother of young children, started to take time alone – changed everything, the power of solitude, removing myself from the chaos of everyday and My first Radiant Life Retreat – tiny group, sheer determination to birth this new offering
Heidi Rose Robbins is a poet dedicated to helping others embody the experience of love. Those who read her poems and attend her readings and retreats often speak of feeling woken up to the best parts of themselves, of rediscovering a vitality and tenderness long-buried. In 2013 Heidi published her first book of poetry, Beckoning Ceaseless Beauty.
In 2007, she and five other like-minded “love warriors” embarked on the Hello Love Experiment, a radical year-long tour of sparking discussions of love and connection throughout the US. Following Hello Love, Heidi created Radiant Life Retreats to help grow a capacity for love through the communal exploration of poetry, movement, and friendship.
5 Things That Changed Your Life is a 12-episode multi-season podcast where guests share 5 stories, events, or experiences that had an impact on their lives. Hosted by Loren Kling.
Download episode >
On the season 2 premiere of the “5 Things That Changed Your Life” podcast, my guest, SAM CHRISTENSEN discusses:
- Being told he might make a great VP if he tried hard
- Getting a unique gift from his grandpa
- Learning the most valuable lesson from violinist Isaac Stern
- The end of the TV series M*A*S*H
- The Actors’ Center of Los Angeles and developing “The Sam Christensen Process”.
Sam is a former casting director for Broadway theatre, feature films, and television, including one of the most popular TV series of all-time, MASH.
Today, at “Sam Christensen Studios
” in North Hollywood, California, and in classes around the World, he teaches “The Sam Christensen Process
” to thousands of actors, artists, entrepreneurs, community leaders, and CEOs.
As a graduate of… “The Process”, I like to describe it as this…
Imagine you’re at a job interview or a casting audition and the person behind the table says, “Describe yourself”. What would you say?
Since taking the class in 2011, I’ve been able to easily and confidently say, “I’m an onion ring in a bag of fries.”
Can’t get more clearer than that!
Tiwana discusses 5 things that changed her life:
- Joining The Agape International Choir… Where Tiwana found her voice and challenged herself to use it powerfully.
- Getting fired from a job she no longer enjoyed.
- Recognizing how people view her.
- Second City… Learning how to improvise taught her a higher standard of listening and to respond truthfully.
- Being taught to rely on herself and she’d never be disappointed.
Tiwana is a Los Angeles based commercial and television actor, a graduate of The Second City Hollywood, and soon-to-be graduate of the Second City Directing Program. Tiwana makes her directorial debut with four shows in November of 2016.
Tiwana is also the owner of YourVisualAide.com a design firm focused on print media for actors and entertainers.
You can subscribe to her blog ActingLessonsLearned.com, follow her on Twitter at @TiwanaFloyd and on Instagram at Quirkyful. Visit her website TiwanaFloyd.com.